Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Change


Change is coming. You can tell by the cut-back flight of the birds. If you stop and really concentrate, you can feel the ground tremble in anticipation. I am waiting like a gremmie in tumultuous waters; A lump in my throat swells with the outbound tide as I ready to catch hold of the barreling force lest it pass me by. Others sense something, but I can almost see it … I know it is coming … it looms just out of clarity so that I know not whether it is full of fright or excitement. I still have time to run, and running may prove to be prudent, but running is not my way. Though it may be folly, I will hunker and feel the ground boil beneath my feet before I turn away. Change is coming and I will know its face as it shall know mine.

1 comment:

Jay C. Rees said...

In this area of "Change" which our President encourages of our youth, I think it makes sense to quote Ghandi's "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- it prompts for action and self-actualization. I am reminded of The Dead Poets Society's message of Carpe Diem.

However, I find there are times when I'm not "the seeker" but the recipient of change nonetheless. The take-away is still probably true though, often the change let's us see what *was* needed even though we couldn't see it or know to seek it.

I find myself, now, in one of those points in my life when I must face a time of change. And I am choosing to be open to the possibilities and lessons that may come my way. It is uncharacteristic of me to give up control, and thus a bit scary, but hopefully it will bring about something positive in the end.