Monday, March 9, 2009

Father-Daughter Dance

Lauren and I went to the sock hop this weekend and it was pretty cool. I'll post some pictures when I get them off the camera (I was able to pull together a halfway decent look from stuff I had at home). It was kind of funny that when I saw myself dressed like a greaser, I looked the spitting image of my dad ... who knew he was a greaser? I thought he was just dressed as a construction worker.

Before we hit the dance, we joined two other dads and their daughters at Islands restaurant and Lauren and I got there early with time to talk before the others arrived. She is fun to just hang out with now that she has her own defined personality and sense of humor.

We made it to the dance, took pictures, and went out to the basketball court/dance floor. She found many of her classmates there and we made rounds saying hello. I really expected that she would ditch me to run around and dance with her girlfriends, but it turned out she really wanted to spend the time with me. Each time a friend would come to us on the dance floor to break her away, she would turn them down and want to dance with me. I guess you could say I was pleasantly suprised by this. I would have been totally fine if she wanted to play with her friends, but the fact that she valued the father-daughter time really made me feel good about my relationship with her. I really love being a father :)

No comments: